Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Daylight Savings Burning a Hole in your pocket.

The winter doldrums are fast approaching, and with the restaurant slowing I feel impelled to write in this as a seriously time consuming hobby.

I have settled into my house in the hood, the sporadic hollering and whistles outside have diminished form their frenetic pace as the Johns and Crack addled Nightwalkers go about their business. I sit back and kindly reflect on what has allowed me this fortunate situation.

I owe much of where I am to three things. The first being the love care garnished from those around me, second is food, and third is transportation.
I ride a bicycle and chose to forgo ownership of an automobile for the time being. The essentials of a functioning society tend to be food, shelter and transportation. The third most often needed to acquire the first and most sustaining of the three. There has been a disconnect for what is needed to what is wanted. A requirement mutated into a desire.

Food and transportation and inextricably linked, as plants that can be food for animals can be changed by many years of sedimentary compression into fuel for combustible engines that drive our cars. Both food and fuel are organic(the non branded kind) material, made of atomic bonds that when broken... release energy that can both fuel our body and our vehicles. The unique thing about humans is that using food as your fuel for means of transportation has a great multiplier effect.

Food tastes better when your body uses energy prior to consuming it. For example a person rides their bicycle to closest pizza place, in my case Jakeenos, they then ride home with said pizza to enjoy the glorious combination of crust tomato and cheese. The pizza will physically taste better to that person then someone who sat on couch and ordered the Pizza delivered to their house while not moving an inch.

The other obvious point is that using food as fuel allows people to stay more fit and healthy then they otherwise would have driving. A more fit person tends to be happier and energetic within their daily activities (broad generalization duly noted).

Now will come the end of the post where I commence to write a rhyme.

I eat my food bite after delicious bite
all them veggies keeps scurvy outta sight
blowing off the steam so the temp is just right
and like Goldilocks I know I can sleep tight
because I got my chow after riding my bike
locking up front of Cub, wiping sweat off the brow
not even caring I could smell like a sow
the feeling of my heart beat in this chest
made me appreciate the blood of life contest
day after day struggle making choices
go with the ego or the id, quieting the voices
ride a bike take the bus, live life on the cusp
from the edge the inside is bigger, more beautiful then I could ever discuss

Sage Herbaholic signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment